Lessons I Learned from Traveling Across India

The first thing travel taught me is that plans rarely stay the way you make them. I would map out a neat little schedule, and then a bus would break down, or a train would get delayed by six hours, or it would just start pouring rain right when I wanted to go sightseeing. In the beginning this used to frustrate me. Later I realized these small disruptions are just part of the deal. You either fight them or you let them become part of the story.

Traveling across India also showed me how different the country really is from one state to the next. The food changes, the language changes, the way people dress and greet each other changes, sometimes within a few hours of driving. One day I was eating soft idlis with filter coffee in the south, and a week later I was having buttery parathas with lassi in the north. It felt less like visiting one country and more like visiting many small worlds stitched together.

Some of my best memories did not come from famous monuments or popular spots. They came from talking to people. A shopkeeper who told me the real story behind his town. A rickshaw driver who shared his opinions on cricket and life in general. An old woman at a temple who insisted I try her homemade pickle. These small conversations added more color to my trips than any guidebook could.

I also learned patience in a way I never expected. Waiting at a station, adjusting to a sudden change of route, figuring out a problem with no clear solution in sight, all of this builds a kind of calm you cannot get sitting at home. You learn to go with the flow instead of resisting it.

And then there are the small moments. A hot cup of tea from a roadside stall on a cold morning. Watching the sun rise over a quiet highway. A long drive with music playing and nobody in a hurry to reach anywhere. These simple things stayed with me longer than most of the big attractions did.

Travel also made me appreciate how differently people live, and how content they can be with very little. It made me slower to judge and quicker to listen.

I stopped believing you need a perfect itinerary to have a good trip. Some of my favorite days were the ones with no plan at all. Toward the end of one such trip, a friend told me about Cabbazar, and how easily it helped sort out a last-minute cab for an early morning ride, which made me realize how much smoother even the unplanned parts of travel can be with the right support.

There is still so much of India left for me to see, and honestly, I am looking forward to getting a little lost in it again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip from Delhi to Chandigarh – Route Information

Safety Tips for Travel in COVID-19 times

Hyderabad to Srisailam Cab Booking for a Safe and Comfortable Journey